Friday, March 4, 2011

I think I see a muscle!!!!

OK... I can see it, and feel it.  It's there in my biceps, and a little in my legs.  I've seen them before, but its been a while.  I'm SURE that no one else can see anything yet.  I'm excited and will take what I can get! 

Update on my goals:
  •   I can do a pretty good squat, and can actually squat, with a barbell, AND get up.  Baby steps, so am scratching that one off. 
  •   My push up is coming along.  Its ugly, but its there.  Kind of Half worm, half plank pushup.  I'll leave that one on the list.  For now. 
  • Am working on the box jumps.  When I say working on that, I mean I am practicing on my stairs at home.  Yes, I can jump on the stairs, but if you know common construction, you know that it is only 7 inches, not 24 inches, like THE SMALLEST BOX AT CROSSFIT!!!!!!  But, 1 month ago, I couldn't have even done that, not that I even tried... leave that goal on the list.  
Am having to row now, instead of running, since I am clearly old and falling apart, and haven't yet figured out the leg issue.  Hope to hear something soon from the MRI from hell!  I suppose all MRIs are from hell, not just mine, since I'm not that special.  Anyway, forging on.  Today I ate some chicken, a Rib Eye, and some tomatoes, cucumbers, and Bell peppers.  Paleo all the way.  We did have an ice cream scare at work today, but I pushed through that.  Damn Jackie and her "Happy Friday snack"!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news Vicki !... You crack me up with your visuals !...

David