Sunday, February 27, 2011

Real Crossfit vs My Crossfit

Crossfit is brutal.  Really brutal.  But the nice thing about Crossfit, and the coaches, it's always adaptable.  You just go to the gym, do the workout, however brutal it may be.  Any and every part of it is adaptable for any level of fitness (or lack thereof).  Which leads me to "my Crossfit".  It's comicle really...I've already explained the squat, and how my squat looks.  Other examples:
  • Pushups, you know, military, plank pushups.  Mine look more like a worm.  I lay flat on the ground, and kind of roll, or push up my arms off the floor!  Sad!!!
  • Pull ups.  Basic.  I have to have a huge band, to support my body weight, while I am trying to pull myself up on the bar.  But hey, I saw others with a band, so I'm not too horrified.
  • Running is pretty self explanatory, but if you cant run, you either walk  or Row.  I rowed, and can just now run.  Not the entire distance, but progress is progress.
  • Box Jumps.  There are many sizes of boxes.  Short, I think 24 inches, to very tall.  I don't know how tall because I won't go near them.  Mine is the shortest, but don't be impressed, because I have to just step up and down.  There is NO chance that I can jump on and off of it.  YET!
  • Lifts, barbells, kettle bells, blah,blah,blah... Most are putting weights on there bars.  I just try to lift the bar!!!But I can lift it.  And I feel good about that. 
So I know that goals are important.  And I want to see progress.  But I guess my first progress is to just be able to do everything prescribed on the WOD (workout of the day, FYI). I think visible results will follow. 

GOALS:   1. Get to do a REAL pushup.  2. Box jumps.  3.  NOT to kill myself!!!    That is a good start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom, your goals are good! i can't do all of the WOS's the right way yet either. Keep going at least 3 times a week and you will see results in no time. you will amaze yourself with your ability to improve. :) love you, jess