Saturday, February 26, 2011

How did i get like THIS???

I have always been pretty thin and fit.  I was on the track team in high school.  I have been a ballet dancer since I was 4.  I played softball for quite some time when I was younger, and was an excellent distance swimmer while in my 30's.  I have painted houses, and hung drywall for a living, while putting myself through Nursing school.  I have always been between 110 and 120 pounds, and a size 2-6.  Until I was about 48....Fast forward the Hysterectomy.  Total.  No more ovaries, no more estrogen....As if the Hot Flashes weren't bad enough, and that was and is horrible.  I started steadily gaining about 1-2 pounds EVERY week.  I have never even thought about my weight.  Or what I ate.  Now here I go.  I found myself, in 2 years time, in a size 12.  I should have gotten a 14, for comfort, if I'm being honest, but refused.  Absoulutly NOT!!!  My weight had gotten to 178.  This had all happened, despite my trying to diet.  Weight Watchers yeilded a 5 pound weight looss.  No carbs has only stopped the weight gain.  My Doctor, who is attempting to fix my hormone situation says " Nature has a breeding cow, and a feeding cow, and once you stop breeding, you will fatten up."  REALLY!!!  ( I don't go to him anymore)  I bought a treadmill, and a Bowflex,blah,blah,blah...  I don't feel good in my skin, my clothes don't fit, and I don't even want to move around.  Not to mention, I DON'T SLEEP!!!  Something has to be done.  Weight now at 160#.  Did I mention, I'm 5'6".  My kids (there are 3 of them) have tried to offer help,and advice.  Two of them are runners, and athletes, and exceptionally good eaters.  No junk food, no processed food,etc...  Start there.  Am officially "eating Paleo".  Meat and veggies, nuts, berries, some fruit, no sugar or dairy.  Nothing processed.  I feel better, just from that.  NO weight loss.  At my daughters (Jessica) encouragement, I have started Crossfit.  She goes, often, and is amazing shape.  She is 26, and so was I at that age, but I digress...
We'll see if that does anything for me. 

No comments: