Saturday, February 26, 2011

Starting Crossfit

At Jessica's encouragement, I am going to Crossfit.  If you aren't familiar with Crossfit, it is VERY high intensity, varied workouts.  Military, police,etc...kind of work outs.  you tube is full of demos.  OK, how bad can it be.  One of my employees, Chris, is a Crossfit trainer.  I trust him 100%.  He and Jessica wouldn't steer me wrong! 

First day of Crossfit: 160#, and a size 12.  I lost about 18 # from the MOST I ever weighed.  Still 40 pounds over my normal weight. 

Part of the "warm up", CALS, were squats.  My squat could best be described as standing with my knees bent.  KILLED me.  Especially when I see most everyone there squatting like I remember 2 year olds doing, feet flat on the floor, and butt almost touching the ground.  AND, they can stand back up from that!!  I have a long way to go.  To squat will be my goal.  First goal...

After the first class, and I looked like I had stood in the rain.  Totally drenched. I came home and almost fell over, my legs were so shaky.  Went 4 times the first weeek.  By week end, I could not walk.  Really.  COULD NOT WALK... What am I doing?

No comments: